What We Believe About the Bible
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, written without error and preserved throughout history for us.
- (1 Corinthians 2:7-14; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
What We Believe About God
- God exists eternally in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - we call this the Trinity.
- God is the creator of this world and the entire universe.
- God, because of His incredible love for us, sent Jesus Christ into the world to save us by His death on the cross and resurrection from the dead.
- (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16-26; Genesis 1:1-2:25; John 1:1-4; Isaiah 53:1-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 1:3-6)
What We Believe About Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ was both God and man.
- He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- He showed us the character of God in his life and teaching and performed miracles exactly as described in the four gospels.
- He was crucified, died as the penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead, on the third day.
- He returned to heaven to be the head of the church, where He is continually working on our behalf.
- He is coming again.
- (Phillipians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6)
What We Believe About Salvation
- Man's relationship with God has been broken by his own sin.
- We can be restored to a relationship with God only through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Apart from Jesus, man remains separated from God, and is ultimately condemned to hell.
- This salvation is based on God's grace, not our efforts.
- God invites us to accept His gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The process of receiving salvation has the following essential elements:
- Turning away from sinful choices and habits (a process called repentance)
- Publicly acknowleding Jesus as your Lord (a process called confession)
- Being baptized to symbolize dying to your old life and rising to new life in Jesus (we practice baptism by immersion)
- Commiting to living a life surrended to the will of God
- (John 3:1-21; Acts 2:37-39; Acts 8:26-39; Acts 10:1-48; Acts 16:11-34; Acts 22:2-16; Romans 3:21-31; Romans 5:6-11; Romans 6:1-23; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:1-58; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:11-14; Hebrews 10:10-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:8-10)
What We Believe About Life in Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit lives in the life of the Christian as God's promise and seal of salvation.
- The Christian grows in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God, being guided by the Holy Spirit.
- At death, the Christian's spirit departs to spend eternity in heaven.
- (John 16:8-11,13-15; Acts 2:38; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 8 & 9; Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:9-12; Colossians 3:12-17; Luke 16:19-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:1-58)